Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blowin' Off Some Steam At the Range


It's springtime here in Michigan and that usually means rain...and lots of it in April and early May. So when the sun shines and it's a semi-warm day, you get outta the house and do whatever you want to do...quickly. Why? Well, because in Michigan, we don't get seasons, we get samples!

My Yahoo IM activated this afternoon and it was my friend and fellow Ham Radio Op, Ben (WX8BEN), asking if I wanted to go shooting with him. "Why not?" I replied and we met up for a bit of fun at the local shooting range. Ben's weapon of choice is an impressive .40 cal. (Springfield XD40) and I have to say, he's doggone good at hitting the 25yd. target. I don't think I would choose to visit his home, if I had ill plans!

And so, we blew off a couple hundred rounds (rounds, by the way, which are abnormally hard to come by these days), shot some video for You Tube, took some digis of the event and headed for home, satisfied that we had laid that plywood backstop to waste! Yeah.....we're men and we can blow things up! Or at least put lots of holes in it.

To see pics of our shoot em' up, Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment. It may or may not appear shortly after acceptance, or removal.