Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday at Home

See the pics from Easter Sunday here.

It's already Easter Sunday and warmer weather has returned to Mid-Michigan. After last week's nasty little 'joke', we're glad to see a warmer weather pattern return to the area and we are now looking for that 70 degree stuff!

The kids had a blast this morning, searching for hidden Easter Eggs in the house. One year, I would like to see it be nice enough to have the "Easter Bunny" hide the eggs outside, so the kids could really have fun hunting for them!

We enjoyed a semi-traditional meal of Ham, with mashed potatoes and corn, plus some really good, soft dinner rolls. Mmmmmm. But with my Mom in California this year, we missed the creamed peas, french onion green beans and that awesome fruit salad she always made in the past. Well, that's the price we pay for not having Mom at home with us. I guess I am greedy that way....LOL

I'm going to enjoy one more week at home, then it's back to the grind on next Monday. With all the questions, drama and rumors, I don't know that I look forward to going anymore, I just appreciate the fact that I have a job and can pay my bills. There are hundreds of my fellow drivers who are not so lucky...for them it's a far tougher battle.

As April draws into the final two weeks, what happens with my Company and its drivers is anybody's guess, but as I said, at least we are working. Until something else happens, we head to our job in the morning and do what we need to do to meet the needs of our Company. And, with warm weather just around the corner, perhaps a little more time home isn't so bad after all. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment. It may or may not appear shortly after acceptance, or removal.