Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Man Takes His Bride

Tonight, we celebrate the marriage of two very special people. Joey and 'Nagel' are man and wife, as of this writing and I just had to sit down and comment on the beauty of this union.

I could not make the journey to The Rock Church, in Sacramento, California, but I got to view this blessed event online. Thanks to technology and my brother-in-law, Christopher Lombardo, we got to see every minute of the Wedding, via streamed video. But there is more to this story that I want to share with you.

When a man takes a woman to be his wife, there is much responsibility. He has chosen to spend the remainder of his life with that woman....and these two are so crazy in Love with each other, I cannot imagine anything but GREAT things for them.

Bishop Nathaniel J. Wilson had a bit of fun at the expense of the excited couple, too. As he closed the ceremony, Bishop took great care in seeing that he had the correct page. Then, once on the page, he s-l-o-w-l-y enunciated each syllable of each word in a way only he could do it. And why not? He has watched our beloved Angelica Rose grow from a little girl into the Godly woman she is today. And so, after what seemed an eternity (I am sure), the good Bishop pronounced that they were Husband and Wife, in the Name of Jesus and allowed them their first married kiss.

Angelica...Nagel....Angel, I Love you so very much! Congratulations to you and your new husband. I wish you only the best and I am convinced you shall have nothing but the best, because you have served God since I've known you. Joey is a good man and a Godly man and I trust that you will be in good hands, as you begin Life's journey in a new chapter. We look forward to the day that you announce the pending arrival of a new member of the extended Lombardo Family. Yes, I know your name is Ladd now, hun....but you will forever be a Lombardo, too. I Love You!

Joey...welcome to our Family. I am 2500 miles away tonight, but I laughed and cried with you at the ceremony and it was such a blessing to be able to witness your Special Day. My only regret is that I could not be with you all tonight, because it would have been my great honor to help video your Wedding. I know enough about you to know that you are a great fit for Angel. And it's refreshing to see two young people so crazy about one another. Keep that! Work at keeping that always! Friends first, lovers and the rest will follow. May you both have many years of happiness, a home full of children (hahaha) and a bright and wonderful future.

With Much Love,
Uncle Jim....er....Erv :-)

p.s. Chris.....one down.....FIVE to go! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment. It may or may not appear shortly after acceptance, or removal.